Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 5, 2011

Ok so remember a few months ago when I went to Gaoxiong for about 2 1/2 weeks? Well you'll never believe it but I am back! Same area, same apartment, same everything but a new companion- Sister Gibson. She came here when I left to be trained by Sister Morey. I was really really sad to leave JiaYi, but also really happy to get to come back here, since I felt like I barely got to know the area and the people right before I left and I'm glad I get to get to know them all better now. The past weekend was good but it's always hard at move call to say goodbye to everyone, especially the two elders that are going home tomorrow. This is probably the district that has most felt like a real family, so it was sad to all split up but it's nice to know we'll get to see everyone at the Christmas meeting in a few weeks.
Ok so miracle stories of the week. There were so many. Huang Jin Shi, my new member that just went on a short-term mission, got back yesterday for church and it was so good to see her! We got to hear her mission stories, she told us the things that she had learned and she bore her testimony of how important it is for us to appreciate the little acts of service that others do for us and always be looking for any small way we can to serve others, too. I was so glad she got back in time for me to say goodbye! Yesterday we spent a lot of time with our less-actives and recent converts. I love these people so much! We went to visit Li JieMei, the one from the pineapple story. I think she is one of my very favorite people on this island. Another tender mercy was that there is another recent convert, a girl that got baptized almost a year ago. She is very elusive. She hasn't been to church in months, and she tends to just go mia all the time. I met with her 3 times when I very first got to JiaYi, and then she just disappeared. Wouldn't answer our phone calls, was never at home, we knew from other members that she was ok but we had been praying for weeks and weeks for another chance to talk to her. A couple of weeks ago as we were riding to church I pulled up next to someone and was about to start contacting her when I realized it was this girl. I just reached over and hugged her. Sis. Wainright had never met her, so she was really confused. Actually, it wouldn't be the first time I hugged a random stranger on their scooter. But then she took off when the light turned green a second later. Anyway, yesterday I was sick of the silent treatment so we went to her work and she talked to us for a minute til her boss got really mad but we told her we were going to the Branch President's house for dinner at 6, and she said she'd come. And what do you know, as we were riding over the bridge at 5:55 she pulled up next to me on her scooter and I got to say a real goodbye to her. It's really hard to explain why that was such a miracle to me but it was something I have been praying about for weeks and I felt so blessed that the Lord answered my prayer and let me see her one more time before I left, because she means a lot to me.
I already miss Sister Wainright! She was like a sister to me. But I also already love Sister Gibson. I don't even know what to write. I just feel so blessed for the miracles and the blessings the Lord has given me, over my whole mission but also especially over the last few weeks.
I promise I will write more next week. I just need to organize my thoughts and everything and I'm sure I'll have a lot to say.
I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home