October 2, 2011
Hey Mom!
I had a really good week this week. Thanks for your package! I can't believe it is already October! Time is going by sooo fast here. I can't believe I've already been in JiaYi for 3 1/2 weeks.
I am so excited for Conference this weekend! We watch it this Saturday and Sunday, the 8th and 9th. They will broadcast it in Chinese, but supposedly they will also have it in another room in English for us to watch it. That is super cool about the Provo temple, I can't wait to hear about others!
Our investigator of the week is Huang JM. She is amazing. She is absolutely hilarious. She's the one we did service for the other day. She has the greatest personality because she speaks her mind and says it like it is, but at the same time she's really really willing to learn, and as soon as she hears that Heavenly Father wants her to do something, she's totally willing to do it. One day she told us that she doesn't know about this whole coming to church for 3 hours on Sunday thing, sometimes it's hard because there are so many other things going on. We said, Huang JieMei, coming to church is a commandment! Heavenly Father wants us to come and learn and take the Sacrament. She said, really? oh, ok then. She loves Heavenly Father so much and it's been so amazing to watch her as she sees more and more how much He loves her. Plus we just have a lot of memorable moments with her. Like the other day when she came to the church and she said, I wasn't happy today until I came here and saw you! And we said, why weren't you happy? And she said, sigh... because I was cleaning my house. Haha I know how she feels, I hate cleaning my room too! She has such a good heart and I feel so blessed that I got to meet her and share the gospel with her! She is excited about coming to Conference, and she is all set to get baptized the week after that. She will be the first investigator that I've taught from beginning to baptism! I can't even tell you how much I love her.
We had an awesome Zone Conference this week, we learned about covenants and how each of the covenants we make, from baptism to temple sealing, are so important and how much we need to honor them. I learned a lot and gained a new perspective on my own covenants and the covenants and commitments that we help our members and investigators work toward here. I will write some more specifics in a letter- I forgot to bring my notes. Also, we are all asked to prepare a short talk on the Christlike attribute of the month, and then the speakers are announced not much in advance. This month's topic was humility. I was called to speak, and let's just say that speaking in front of half of the mission was pretty humbling. But at least now I know I am safe in the future!
I love that quote that you sent... although it did make me think a lot about whether or not I've been expressing all of the gratitude to the Lord that I should be. I definitely have so much to be thankful for, including all of you. I show people my family picture at every possible opportunity because I love sharing with them how amazing you all are and how much I love you.
I hope you all have a great week! Love you love you love you!
Love,
Danielly

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home