Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19, 2011 + pictures






Dear Mom,

I had a really great week! Sister Combe is awesome. I have loved getting to know everyone here, although I think subconsciously I'm trying not to get too terribly attached because I'm afraid I'm going to get snatched up and put somewhere else in a couple weeks... and it's really hard. But Sister Combe and I are seeing so many miracles and meeting so many amazing people that we have been able to start teaching. Yesterday we had 4 mudaoyou come to church, and they are all so great! I love having new people to meet with and share the Gospel with. I love what you said about love- I pray for charity every day and as I do I can definitely see the Lord helping me love these people more and more- even the crazies. There are some crazies here. There are crazies everywhere. That's what makes the world such a beautiful place : )

I loved your package! It took about a week longer than it should have because of move call- they don't send anything out from the office until they're sure everyone's in the right spot. I love, love, loved all of the pictures! You are all so beautiful and I miss you lots. This week I especially missed you a lot, because sometimes I need advice and I think, Mom would know exactly what to tell me right now. But that is when I rely on the Lord and He gives pretty good advice too. : )

I am super curious about this dead horse adventure at a 4h event... maybe you could give Katie a nudge to tell me about it sooner than later. Still no word from Aubrey? I can't wait to hear where she's going!

Ok so one thing we've been teaching a lot this week is repentance. It's funny, we'll go through phases where we'll have a bunch of 1st lessons or everyone will be learning about the word of wisdom or something. This week it was repentance. I have learned a lot about repentance since coming on my mission, and one thing that I am learning that I'd never really thought about before is that repentance isn't always just about the big sins in our lives. Sometimes you can be doing something good and you'll still have to repent if that good thing isn't the thing that Heavenly Father wants you to be doing right then. It's about trusting that He knows what's best for us and for those we love and knowing that He knows what's best and trusting that, not letting our own desires for ourselves and other people get in the way of what will really make each of us happiest in the long run. This is really hard. But knowing that you're doing exactly what the Lord wants you to be doing at a certain time or in a certain situation is the best, most comforting feeling ever. It's so hard to describe it, and to teach our mudaoyou what a blessing it is, and how happy we are when we make those little changes every day to align our lives with Heavenly Father's plan for us. Sometimes it's hard. It's like that analogy... Sometimes it's really, really hot in the refiner's fire but the end result is more beautiful than you could ever imagine when you first started.

I love being a missionary and seeing the Gospel of Jesus Christ change people's lives and bring them so much happiness. People always tell us we are xingku (have to work really really hard like it's this huge sacrifice), but we always say no, we are xingfu (blessed). I really truly feel that way and I'm super grateful that I could have this experience.

I love you and I hope you have another great week!

Keep showing Ava my picture! I love how much different she looks in all of hers. She is growing up so much!

Love,

Danielly

Here are some pictures from the kaorou last week. Food, man fishing, me and Sister Sumko and a couple of RC's, all 4 sisters with a couple members, and putting all of the kebabs together with fishy thingies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home