Monday, October 24, 2011

October 17, 2011

Hello!

Ok so let me start out with the best part of the whole week. On Saturday night our beloved Huang Jin Shi got baptized! She is so amazing! She looked so beautiful. She went out and bought a new outfit for the occasion, because she wanted to feel completely new when she came out of the water. It was pretty schnazzy, and when we told her how beautiful she looked she said, "Thank you, tonight I have a date with God and I want to look my best!" She really did. She gave the sweetest testimony. She
keeps calling me and Sister Combe her "jiejie", she is the "meimei" now because she is like a new baby. She absolutely loved the baptism part and then the confirmation part yesterday at church. I just love this lady so much! I feel soooooo blessed to have gotten to know her and be a part of her journey. She teaches me every day about being a better, kinder, happier person and having such a love for life.
This morning we went over to the Kitchen's apartment- I think I've told you a little about them, they are the temple missionaries that have been here serving in JiaYi while the temple is under earthquake safety renovations. They have been meeting with members and helping them prepare to go to the temple. We have gotten to work with them a lot, translating and introducing them to our recent converts and less-active members. They have done so much to help the ward here and we are going to miss them so much! They go back to Taibei today, so they invited us over to see a slide show of pictures from Elder Kitchen's mission- He was 1 of 4 elders who were the first missionaries to serve in Taiwan, and it was so neat to see what Taiwan was like back then and how much the church has grown here since then.
We met a girl on the street the other day and had an awesome first lesson with her at the church on Saturday. She is so awesome! At the end of the lesson she asked us what time church started. She came to all 3 hours and she loved all of it. I kept trying to talk to her... and I couldn't, because she was busy talking to the members who instantly befriended her and sat by her the whole time. I love our ward members! They are so amazing and they are so excited to help welcome the friends that we bring.
Other than that things have been good. We don't have many mudaoyou right now, but we talk to everyone and we know if we do our very best the rest is in the Lord's hands. We have been having some really good lessons with the new members we meet with and we still see so many miracles every day.
I'm excited for my package! I decided I should get you a move call schedule. It doesn't really matter to me, but it does make me anxious to know that a package is sitting at the office just waiting to find out where it needs to be sent. My best estimate is that it takes 10 days, so if it was sent Monday or Tuesday I might get it this week, but I think they stop the mail on the last Monday or Tuesday of the move call so they don't have to worry about redirecting it later. I am not placing any bets either way this move call- I have absolutely no idea if I will be staying or going but I am trying to pretend like the move call's not actually there so that I don't think to much about it before Saturday night when we find out.
I did think of one thing that I would like in the next package that comes this way... Christmas music! I have some cds already, but there is no thing as too much Christmas music. Maybe even some sheet music- just a song or two. I know you told me a couple of weeks ago that you are all already looking ahead to Christmas... but I have to be honest, apart from pictures I really don't need anything.
Which kind of reminds me, yesterday was my 8 month mark. It seems like a week or two ago I was at 6. What you said about the airport is so true- it really is not that far away. Crazy how that works.
I love that you learned about Individual Worth yesterday! We watched one of the family home evening movies called "The Touch of the Master's Hand." I don't know if you've seen or heard about it but it's about the violin that gets all bumped and bruised and beat up and then at the auction it's going for a couple of dollars when the master violinist, who originally made it, comes forward and tunes it up and then plays a super beautiful song and then at the end it goes for 1000+ dollars. What made the difference? The touch of the Master's hand. Always makes me tear up a little. I love that it reminds me that what others see does not determine our worth, it's what the Master sees and what He can make of us that really lets us know how much we are worth to Him.

I love you!
Have a good week!
Love,
Danielly

p.s. pick the best pictures, I sent a bunch without previewing eyes or smiles. the card is the thank you note we made for the Kitchens. I have been dubbed the "CardSmith".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home