October 31, 2011
Dear Mom,
Today is short because in about an hour I am getting on a train to go to Fantasy Land--the amusement park a couple of districts over. Pictures to come. If I can find my cable. I might need to buy a new one.
We had some awesome miracles this week. They will be totally scrambled for time's sake. Sorry.
Friday night we were contacting at the park and we ran into this old couple. The man started singing random Christian songs for us. We asked them if we could meet with them again, and they said sure, we're on this same bench every night at this time. The next day we went back to teach them the first lesson and they didn't really seem super interested, especially the man. All he kept asking was if we are on ren ai road. We are. Then finally the wife says, "Well, let's go check it out." And she walks off, and then after a minute or two the man follows her. They meet us on their scooter at the corner and we ride over to the church. They loved it. They just sat in the chapel, not really saying anything and then the man said, "What time does your church start tomorrow?" Sure enough, yesterday morning they showed up for all 3 hours and they seemed to really really like it. It was such a miracle! Yesterday we had a really awesome lesson too. We had set up with a girl at 3 but the lesson before her went to about 3:05, so we call her in case we missed her and she said she couldn't come because she is studying for a test tomorrow, and that she can't meet til after December. We told her we were going to give her a book that would help all of her tests go better, help her think more clearly for all of her homework, and that would help her in every other part of her life too. She said, "Seriously?" "Yes! Can you maybe meet with us later this week?" "Can I come over right now still?" So she ran over and we taught her the restoration and when we asked her if she would be willing to read the Book of Mormon she said, "Obviously!" It was amazing to see the Spirit testify to her that what we were saying is true. I would not stop studying during finals week to go meet with someone who promised me some super-product like that. But the Spirit told her that it was true, and that it really could help her! The Book of Mormon is so amazing!
I LOVE Huang JM, the one who got baptized a couple of weeks ago. She is the most amazing person because she loves life so much! I love that every day is something new and exciting for her. And she loves to learn. So she loves the Gospel and she loves reading the Book of Mormon and she always comes with interesting questions, such as "When I'm in Gao Rong Guo Du (the Celestial Kingdom) will I need to eat food?" She definitely keeps us on our toes. She helped us peike a lesson this week, and she bore the sweetest testimony of how she knows the Church is true because of the answers she gets to her prayers. She is excited to do her family history and go to the temple soon.
We have been meeting with some less-actives, and we have one that thinks that she doesn't have enough faith. We bought her a flower pot, some dirt and some seeds and told her she can plant a flower and every time she goes to water it or take care of it she can remember she needs to be reading and praying too. She loved it. It really is the simple little things that make such a huge difference.
I absolutely love my new companion. I am senior. I feel like it should be a big deal because everyone makes a really big deal out of it but I just don't feel like it is. Maybe it's because Sister Wainright is so amazing I don't feel any extra stress. We laugh all the time! It's really really nice to have as much fun doing the work as we are right now.
I love your pictures! Thanks!
Love you!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home