Friday, January 6, 2012

January 2, 2012

Hey Mom! Got my Christmas package. I was so excited! Haven't put on my mileage thing yet- am going to the bike store as soon as we're done emailing to have them put it on for me. Are you guys aware that all of the instructions were in Chinese? I wasn't sure if you did that on purpose, either so it would be easier for a Taiwanese bike shop to install it for me or as a joke because you actually think I might be able to understand what it said. I can't wait to start keeping a log of how far I bike on the rest of my mission. I loved the pjs too- felt just like home : ) and of course I loved the tape you sent! Thank you!
So today a bunch of companionships in our zone all went out to eat lunch together, always really fun to see everyone and catch up. While we were at the restaurant we met this really awesome waitress. She said she was super touched when she saw all of us come in because her mom is sick and she's been praying for her and she started crying and she said she used to go to church when she was little but doesn't now because of work. It's always so cool to see who the Lord puts in our path- we could have gone to any restaurant today but we ended up at the right place at the right time to meet someone who is looking to get closer to God. Sister Gibson and I talked to her after and gave her a Book of Mormon. She actually lives in the other sisters' area but she is super excited to meet with them.
I can't wait to hear about your service project! It sounds like everyone is doing well and having fun : ) I love you!
-Danielly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home