Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011

Hey Mom! First of all, Saturday morning was like Christmas. Seriously! The doorbell went off during language study and I go downstairs to find the mailman with my package. Then I felt like Mary Poppins, because I just kept pulling more and more treats out. The best part was all the pictures- so fun. I love all of the faces on the tubes haha classic. I had a giant delicious bowl of cheerios for breakfast. And I took the little pez thing to church yesterday. All the little children love me now. Thank you for everything!

This week we saw a lot of miracles. We have not had any new investigators the past few weeks, and it's been a real challenge for us. But the ward keeps giving us names of less-actives to get in contact with, so we have spent a lot of time going and visiting people that we can't get a hold of by phone and we've met a couple of really cool people. We keep praying and praying to find new people to teach, and even though it seemed like we would never get any new mudaoyou we both kind of realized that maybe what the Lord needs most of us right now is to take care of the members that haven't been coming to Church lately. So we put our trust in Him and visited every single person on the list from the ward correlator- about 10 last week and 10 this week. Yesterday at Church there were 5 of these less-actives who haven't come in months! It was so amazing to see that our time and effort really helped these people and the way the other members welcomed them back in I know that they will keep taking care of them and they can keep coming back. And then, amazingly enough, last night as we were counting numbers for follow-ups we saw that we had met our goal for this week of new investigators. It was really a witness to me that as we do what we can with what we have and follow the direction of the Spirit the Lord will make miracles happen and we can really help the people that most need help at that time. One of the biggest miracles of all is that we have been keeping meeting with Zhang JM, and she is so close. So close! The other day we talked to her about temples and how much they mean to us, how grateful we are that we can be sealed to our families and how much we love all of the things that we can learn inside. Yesterday she called us to confirm that we could still meet with her Tuesday night. She loves the Gospel and the scriptures and everything that she learns, and we just have to help her figure out how to really feel it so it will be enough for her to come get baptized. I love her so much!
I am soooo thankful for our ward members here. They are so willing to help and serve. Yesterday in ward council each auxiliary made a goal of how many referrals they could get this month to give to the missionaries- a ward total of 26. They are so eager to do anything they can, to come peike and guanxin our investigators. We got invited to eat every single day this week. It's really humbling and inspiring to see how strong the chengyuan's testimonies are and how much they want to share their testimonies with others.

So I think I told you that I am English Leader, which means I am just kind of in charge of taking care of things for English class on Wednesday nights. Summer vacation started my first week as E.L., so our numbers have been super low, less than half of normal : ( So we've been coming up with some kuazhang ideas to get more people to come. It took 5 weeks, but finally last week we had 22 people come, most of them new, and it was so great! We wanted to end this move call with a bang, so this Wednesday we are throwing a talent show after English. I am so excited! We've been telling everyone and they announced it in Church yesterday, so hopefully we'll have our biggest numbers ever and it will get everyone excited about English again. I've been teaching Sis. Lew the Me Ke Aloha dance, so we are hoping to get to perform it (we need permission from Sister Bishop, the President's wife). It's going to be epic either way.

One thing I have really learned this week is that the Lord answers prayers. Even if it takes a while or it's hard to see at first, He will always answer and we just have to have enough faith to trust that He knows what and when will be best. I keep reading Moroni 7:33, it is a scripture that helped me in the MTC and every time I read it I am comforted in knowing that Christ will never ask us to do anything on our own, He will always be there with us to help us do things that are impossible to do by ourselves, all we have to do is try and believe that He can make up the difference, because he can and He will.

I love you guys! Thanks for all of your prayers, I can really feel them and they mean so much to me. Have a great week!

Love,
Danielly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home