Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hello dear family! Sorry if this is throwing you off. The schedule change is definitely throwing us off. It ended up being really cool today though, because our p-day free time was much more conveniently scheduled. This morning we went to the temple at 6:15, and it was kinda fun to be up that early with the whole zone and then we all ate breakfast together at the temple cafeteria after our session. Then we had lots of free time before laundry and lunch, which worked out perfectly. Then I went to see the doctor. It turns out I don't have any problems with my meniscus but I do have a few tears in the back of my knee with different muscles that I don't know the names of, as well as some kind of cyst behind my knee. In all hopefulness, I will be fine with the PT I am supposed to get and be able to take right off with no problem next Tuesday!

This week was crazy. I feel like I say that every week, but it was. I had some really awesome moments though. We had an investigator accept baptism, but there were a lot of investigators that we weren't able to teach. It's very inconvenient that our last couple weeks have also been BYU finals and our teachers have been busy and then visiting their families between semesters and stuff. It has been a whirlwind of schedule adjustments and substitutes and such. I miss our teachers a lot, but I love the ones that have been taking over for them. It is a witness to me of the unity of the message and the gospel. Any class in the MTC, just like any church building around the world, will be teaching the same gospel message, even if it is in a little bit of a different style. The church is true!


I'm glad you guys had a fun Easter! I told you all about mine on the tape I'm sending home in my package but we had a great Easter here too, even including an Easter egg hunt. It was a blast. Thanks for the package. I love the CD. We've been listening to it every day now during studying and stuff because it's so calming.


Ok so I'm trying to think if there's anything I haven't already written in a letter or mentioned on my tape... but I can't think of anything in particular. I am so excited to be on a plane to Taiwan a week from now. I am so excited to meet Taiwanese people and start sharing the gospel with them. I am so ready. It took a while for me to feel this way. I have been maybe not so much nervous as just anxious the past couple weeks, but I feel like I am finally ready to just go. I know it will be crazy but I also know that the Lord will help me. He wants me to be in Taiwan, and He wants me to teach His people there and as long as I try my hardest every day He will make it possible. I am so blessed to be a missionary, to be a part of this great work and to have the opportunity to be a part of blessing someone else's life. I made a goal to finish the Book of Mormon again before I left the MTC, and I am just starting Ether. Reading through it has strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon and reminded me just how important it is, and that reading it really does change your life, whether it's the first or the tenth or the fiftieth time you've read it. It truly teaches us the reality of Jesus Christ and the power of His gospel to save each and everyone of us. We are so blessed!

I love you all so much!
Have a great week!


Love,
Sister Smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home